Hey guys! I am so excited for this tag today! I’m part of the street team for Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody. My fellow team members came up with this awesome tag. Min and Katie did such an amazing job coming up the questions. So this tag is extra special to me. So let’s get to it!
1. Ace of Shades takes place in the very mysterious, very dangerous City of Sin. Name a fictional city with a personality of it’s own!
I have to go with King’s Landing from A Song of Ice and Fire. So much crazy stuff happens here. Plus I just started the series, so I’m excited to get deep into the chaos.
2. The City of Sin is home to three ruthless gangs: the Irons, the Scarhands and the Doves. Tell us about your favorite fictional criminal family/gang!
I tried to think of another family that wasn’t Game of Thrones related. My brain just kept going back to the Lannisters. Majority of them I dislike. They just stir up so much trouble so I had to keep them for my answer.
3. Enne and Levi are about to be thrown into a deadly game… Name your favorite book in which the characters must play with, and for, their lives.
I thought of a short story that is similar to hunger games. I think it’s called The Most Dangerous Game. I thought it was okay. I did use to really love Hunger Games but the movies kinda killed it for me. 😦
4. The Doves are a gang of assassins… What book you’d kill to have in your hands right now?
I need this book in my life as soon as possible. I love the series so much. Now there’s going to be a book which has Houdini in it. I am so excited. I am a huge fan of magic. I hope somehow I can get an arc of this. September is too long away.
5. The City of Sin is full of people with dark and complicated pasts. Name one book or book series you used to like, but don’t anymore.
I read Looking For Alaska because my friend recommended it. I loved it. I read it again in 2016 and I did not like it one bit.
6. With complicated pasts abound, we can find many… burnt cinnamon rolls, so to speak. Name a character that has prickly and tough exterior, but is actually a sweetheart deep down!
I pick Porter from Alex, Approximately. Bailey, the main character, and him don’t get along too well at first. Slowly as the book goes on you find out there is more to Porter.
7. Not only anti-heroes live in the Ace of Shades world! In New Reynes, one can find plenty of villains as well. Which bookish character do you just love to hate?
A part of me loves Evelyn Hugo and then another part of me dislikes her. She’s done a lot of messed up things and she says she would do it all again if she could. She knows she isn’t a good person. I respect that but same time I feel bad for the people she’s hurt.
8. You, much like our main character Enne’s mother, went missing in the City of Sin. The main character from the last book you read is the one looking for you… How screwed are you?
I think I would be fine if Simon was the one looking for me. I do feel a little worried about him entering the City of Sin. I feel I would be a bit protective.
Luna @Bookish Luna
Jenna @J.k. I’m Exploring
Destiny @Howling Libraries
Meggan @Between The Pages
Aurora @Aurora Librialis
Ashley Rae @Thrifty Bibliophile
Kristyn @The Bibliophile Empress
I look forward to seeing your answers 🙂