by Emily Ziff Griffin
Publisher: Simon Pulse/Simon & Schuster
Release Date: September 5th 2017
Genre: Young Adult
As a mysterious virus infects the world’s population, a girl embarks on a quest to find a cure in this thrilling debut from Emily Ziff Griffin.
Luisa is ready for her life to start. Five minutes ago. And she could be on her way, as her extraordinary coding skills have landed her a finalist spot for a fellowship sponsored by Thomas Bell, the world’s most brilliant and mercurial tech entrepreneur. Being chosen means funding, mentorship, and most importantly, freedom from her overbearing mother. Maybe Lu will even figure out how to control the rare condition that plagues her: whenever her emotions run high, her physical senses kick into overload, with waves of color, sound, taste, and touch flooding her body.
But Luisa’s life is thrust into chaos as a deadly virus sweeps across the globe, killing thousands and sending her father into quarantine. When Lu receives a cryptic message from someone who might hold the key to stopping the epidemic, she knows she must do something to save her family—and the world.
Suspenseful, lyrical, and thought-provoking, Light Years features a remarkable heroine on an intensely physical and emotional quest for hope and existential meaning.
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Me By Emily Ziff Griffin
- My daughter was born with twelve toes
- I do not like fruit. Fruit salad is my waking nightmare.
- I 100% believe in ghosts and angels and spirits and magic
- I can recite all the United States in alphabetical order (in song, no less!)
- I sometimes find it hard to ask for what I want
- I could for sure live on cheese and crackers
- I’ve never watched Breaking Bad or read anything by Jane Austen
- Up until the exact moment my first child was born, I was unsure I wanted to be a mother
- I did not tell my father a proper goodbye before he died
- I will at some point direct a movie, you heard it here first
- 2 signed hardcover copies of LIGHT YEARS by Emily Ziff Griffin
- US Only
- Read the Rafflecopter rules & NO giveaway accounts PLEASE!